1. My soap recipe is my own! My friend, Rocky, showed me how to make soap and I took what she taught me and came up with my own recipe. I used her recipe for my first batch and decided that I wanted a harder bar of soap... SO I researched, calculated oils, practiced and came up with a recipe that is totally my OWN! Some of my other recipes are not my own, and in that case, I'm happy to tell you where I got them from so you can have fun creating (if that's your thing!). I'm probably not going to share a recipe that took me LOTS of time and research to create. I DO share what ingredients I use. Who knows, someday I may sell this business and they wouldn't be happy if I had given out my recipes! That's one of the differences between a "hobby" and a "business".
2. Too many products? Maybe, but so far I'm managing them. I listen to my customers and as they have skin care needs, I can help them individually and if it's something that is a common problem... you'll probably see it on my shelf! Shark Tank would kick me off the show!
3. Products too high priced? When you compare my products which are 98-100% natural, NO water, alcohol, nasty chemicals..... to those products which are 98% full of those ingredients.... Well, you get what you pay for! My response is... if you are buying commercial products, you are paying a LOT for water and chemicals!
***Some people buy their soap from Jelli's Market. That's one of the joys of having so many choices in today's world. PLEASE support Jelli's Market! They are a wonderful local, family-owned business with the BEST produce (and homemade pies and apple cider doughnuts!) available locally. Their soap comes from somewhere in New York... but whatever... might as well try a bar as long as you're there! I love healthy competition!
4. Changing store hours? The reason that I have changed when my AWESOME soap shop is open, is that one weekend a month we travel to hug our kids and grandkids. Monday night openings were also affected by my Saturday closing, so that meant being closed twice. Thursday nights are less affected by our weekends. My AMAZING customers get nervous when I'm less available. It only takes a few days without my products for nasty skin to return. This has shown to be a GREAT decision. I also now have a "pick-up" box for those who have "desperate" needs!
5. Essential oils diluted? ABSOLUTELY NOT! My essential oils are poured right from the bottles that I receive from my supplier into smaller bottles to make THERAPEUTIC-GRADE essential oils available at affordable prices to my customers who don't want to pay for the "expensive ones". My roll-ons are sometimes mixed with carrier oils for direct application to the skin. Those are two different products!
6. Making money? For those of you who have ever started your own business, they say you might see a profit in three years. I'm hoping that's true! Although that's not my FIRST priority, it is nice that the banker hasn't moved in with us yet! As you know, I have recently, out of necessity, had to raise prices. Right now, I'm reinvesting everything back into my business and MY CUSTOMERS! God is my CEO and because of Him, I know everything is where it's supposed to be! I thank God every night for giving me this opportunity to help others through this business.
There will ALWAYS be rumors...it's human nature! However, I really appreciate hearing them directly from the person with the concern. PLEASE give me a chance to offer facts before sending negative info into "Satan's grapevine". Not only is this a sin, it's a VERY dangerous place to hang out to spread information which can damage another person's reputation. I'm working REALLY hard for you ALL! Please respect me enough to ask ME about something you might hear that "doesn't sound like something Lynn Fry would do!" I sleep well at night knowing that I've done MY BEST!
HUGS and THANKS to you all! Back to making soap!